Eyes are the most beautiful gift of nature to us. It gives us the power to see the world around us in a crystal clear manner. Eyes are an important, but often overlooked, part of overall healthcare. Despite the preventable nature of some vision impairments, many people do not receive recommended screenings and exams and hence fall prey to vision-related defects. If your eyes are not healthy, it can have a dire effect on your performance and surroundings.
Protecting your vision
Healthy eyes are the need of every person. There are various measures by which healthy eyes can be maintained. Some are direct methods focused on your eyes and some are indirect means to achieve the same.
Here are some methods by which eye health can be maintained just as easily. They are as follows:
- Eat right to protect your sight. E.g. eating fish high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, tuna, and halibut, spinach kale.
- Wearing a protective eyewear while you move out protects your eyes from UV radiations as well as dust and can be beneficial in maintaining eye health.
- Give rest to your eyes. Try the 20-20-20 rule: Every 20 minutes, look away about 20 feet in front of you for 20 seconds. This can help reduce eyestrain.
- Clean your hands and your contact lenses properly to avoid the risk of infection, always wash your hands thoroughly before putting in or taking out your contact lenses.
- Go for regular eye screenings to keep a check on your vision and ensure that your eyes are in proper state and health.
- Drink loads of water. This will help produce enough tears to keep your eyes moist.
- Quit smoking as it increases chances of having cataract and other diseases.
These are only some of the tips mentioned which will help you maintain your eye’s health. Apart from them, there are advanced eyeglasses and contact lenses available which provide proper protection to your eyes.
So, do the best to maintain your eye’s health.